The CUET syllabus is released by the NTA on its official portal for all the subjects. There are a total of 27 subjects that are listed for the CUET examination. Apart from that, there are two more sections.
They are General Studies and English Language. The CUET examination is divided into three stages. Some of the major topics to be included in the preparation for the CUET examination are General Aptitude, Analytical Skills, English, Reasoning, and so on. You can visit the official portal of NTA to get the detailed CUET Syllabus.
What is the CUET Examination 2022?
CUET stands for Central University Entrance Test. It is an examination that is held by the NTA. This examination helps the students to apply for a Bachelor’s degree in Central Universities. At present, 45 universities are listed under the CUET examination. Students shall appear for this examination just after the Class XII Boards Examination. For more information, you can visit the website of CUET.
Eligibility Criteria for CUET Exam 2022
The CUET Exam 2022 will be administered by the National Test Agency also known as NTA. The eligibility criteria mentioned below follow the pattern previous year. The eligibility criteria are as follows.
- For Under-Graduate Students: To appear in this examination, a candidate must have passed the Class 12 Boards Examination. Moreover, Candidates from General Category need to secure 50 percent to appear for the CUET exam. However, there is a relaxation for the minorities. Students from Schedule Caste and Scheduled Tribe can appear for this examination by securing a minimum of 45 percent in the Class XII Boards Examination.
- For Postgraduate Students: Candidates who are willing to study for a master’s degree must possess a bachelor’s degree from any recognized university or college. Candidates who are applying with the same degree of bachelor’s or master’s must have secured a minimum of a certain percentage. For General Category, it is 55 percent. However, for SC or ST, the minimum percentage is 50. If all these criteria are fulfilled, a candidate is eligible to appear for the CUET examination in 2022.
- For Ph.D.: This is very similar to that of post-graduate criteria. A candidate who is willing to study for a Ph.D. degree must possess a master’s degree from any recognized university or college. Candidates who are applying for the same degree or master’s Ph.D. must have secured a minimum of a certain percentage. For General Category, it is 55 percent. However, for SC or ST, the minimum percentage is 50.
Some Highlights of CUET Examination
As mentioned above, CUET is also known as the Central University Entrance Test. Some highlights of the CUET examination are mentioned below.
- CUET Examination is a center-based online examination. It is regulated by an independent body i.e NTA also known as National Test Agency. However, it is speculated that, from the coming years onwards, the CUET examination can be held offline.
- The CUET exam has been classified into three sections. They are Domain Subjects, English Language, and Aptitude. Students will be given a list of 27 subjects whereby they will need to choose any of the six subjects.
- There is a time limit for all the sections. Moreover, there is no negative marking. This means that candidates can answer as many questions as they can without any hesitation.
Students who are interested in taking admission to one of the 45 colleges listed in the Central Universities should appear for this exam. It is also speculated that this number will increase by 103 by next year. Thus, students will have to appear for the CUET exam to get admission to any of these reputed colleges.
You can visit the site of Byju’s Exam Prep to know more about the CUET examination. This site will provide you with a syllabus, exam pattern, preparation tips, and the rest of it which will help you to sail through this exam.