33 fun things to do in Phoenix on the weekend
There’s no need to travel far from home to have a good time. In fact, there are many fun things to do in Phoenix right on your doorstep! From outdoor activities and cultural attractions to shopping and nightlife, this vibrant city has something for everyone. Here are just a few of the many options available for a fun weekend in Phoenix.
The Top 10
1. Take a hike in one of Phoenix’s many parks. Camelback Mountain and South Mountain Park are two popular options, but there are plenty of others to choose from as well.
2. Visit the Desert Botanical Garden. This unique garden is home to more than 50,000 plants, including cacti and other desert flora.
3. Go shopping at one of Phoenix’s many malls. The Scottsdale Fashion Square is one of the largest in the country, but there are also smaller malls like Kierland Commons and Biltmore Fashion Park that are worth checking out.
4. Learn about Native American culture at the Heard Museum. This museum houses an extensive collection of art and artifacts from tribes all over the country.
5. See a show at the Arizona Opera. The Opera offers a variety of performances throughout the year, ranging from classic opera to more modern works.
6. Catch a game at Chase Field. Home to the Arizona Diamondbacks, this stadium also hosts concerts and other events throughout the year.
7. Take a tour of Taliesin West. This unique desert home was designed by famed architect Frank Lloyd Wright and is now a National Historic Landmark.
8. Shop for local art at the Scottsdale Artwalk. This weekly event takes place on Thursdays and features work from local artists and galleries.
9. Explore the Musical Instrument Museum. This museum is dedicated to musical instruments from all over the world, and also offers interactive exhibits and performances.
10. Have fun at Odysea Aquarium. This massive aquarium is home to more than 30,000 animals, including sharks, penguins, and sea lions.
Visit Here private skateboard lesson for more details
11.Spend a day at Golfland Sunsplash. This water park features more than 25 rides and attractions, making it a great place to cool off on a hot day.
12. Visit the Phoenix Zoo. The zoo is home to more than 1,400 animals, including lions, tigers, and giraffes.
13. Discover the history of the Wild West at the Museum of theWest. This museum houses artifacts and exhibits that tell the story of America’s frontier days.
14. Shop at the Phoenix Public Market. This weekly market features local vendors selling fresh produce, prepared foods, and artisan goods.
15. Catch a movie at Harkins Theatres. This popular chain offers a variety of film screenings, including new releases and independent films.
16. Go stargazing at the Desert Botanical Garden. The garden hosts regular stargazing events that are open to the public.
17. Attend a performance at the Phoenix Symphony Orchestra. The orchestra offers a wide range of concerts throughout the year, featuring both classical and contemporary works.
18. Explore the Japanese Friendship Garden. This tranquil garden is home to koi ponds, bridges, and a tea house.
19. Learn about the history of the area at the Pueblo Grande Museum. This museum houses exhibits on the Hohokam people, who were some of the first settlers in the Phoenix area.
20. Take a scenic drive through Camelback Mountain. This popular road offers stunning views of the desert landscape.
21. Visit the Herberger Theater Center. This theater hosts a variety of performances, including plays, musicals, and dance recitals.
22. Have fun at Castles N’ Coasters. This amusement park features rides, mini golf, and an arcade.
23. Explore South Mountain Park. This large desert park is perfect for hiking, biking, and picnicking.
24. Attend a show at the Orpheum Theatre. This historic theater is home to a variety of performances, including Broadway musicals and plays.
25. Go on a hot air balloon ride. Phoenix is one of the best places in the country to take a hot air balloon ride, thanks to the favorable weather conditions.
Last but not least
26. Shop at the Biltmore Fashion Park. This upscale mall features a variety of high-end stores and restaurants.
27. Visit the Wrigley Mansion. This historic home was once owned by chewing gum magnate William Wrigley, Jr. and is now open for tours.
28. Have fun at Big Surf Waterpark. This water park features a wave pool, slides, and a lazy river.
29. Play Golf at one of Phoenix’s many championship golf courses. Golfers of all skill levels will find a course to challenge them in Phoenix.
30. Visit the Desert Botanical Garden. This garden is home to more than 50,000 plants, including cacti and wildflowers.
31. See a show at Gila River Arena. This arena is home to the Arizona Coyotes hockey team and also hosts concerts and other events.
32. Go on a hike or bike ride at McDowell Sonoran Preserve. This large desert preserve offers more than 200 miles of trails for exploring.
33. Attend an event at the Phoenix Convention Center. This center hosts a variety of events throughout the year, ranging from trade shows to conventions.